Port Services Corporation has devoted time and efforts to utilize leading edge information technology solutions to become efficient, adaptable, cost-effective, scalable and ensure long-term success. Thus, PSC is at the forefront of IT leveraged seaports in the region due to its IT strategy emphasising the coupling of Technology and innovation to increase productivity and enhance efficiency of operations. Information Technology is integral to its efforts to make the most of finite resources to provide efficient, adaptable, cost-effective and seamless end-to-end experience to our customers. In addition, assure high availability of IT Services that are reliable and secure.
In our rapidly changing world, PSC has implemented a Port Information Management System to automate its business processes end-to-end. The objective of this implementation was to enhance operational efficiency and supports future growth while at the same time reducing operational overheads and maintaining customer-focussed services.
An integrated Oracle based ERP application software “Port Information Management System – (PIMS)” comprising of a state-of-the-art Terminal Operating System (CATOS) to manage Port Operations & Human Resource and Financial Management System for its back-office functions.
The Port Information Management System comprises of the real-time Container Terminal Operation System (CATOS); Conventional Cargo Information Management System (CCMIS); Marine Operations; Gate Management System; Port Community System and the Financial Management System. The Port Information Management System facilitates in:
- Yard Planning: To optimize yard utilization
- Vessel Planning: To optimize vessel discharge / loading towards reducing the turn round time of vessels
- Berth Planning: To optimize Berth utilization
- Track in real time: Vessels; Cargo / containers; Performance of Yard / berth Equipment; Trucks;
- Manage: Gates; Berths; Wheeled and grounded assets; Container Handling Equipment; Human Resources; Vessel Planning;
- Measure Key performance indicators: Vessel Productivity; Equipment Productivity; Space utilization; Labour; Gate Time; Berth Allocation;
- Ensures high availability and reliability of services to our customers to meet their demanding needs and fulfil their aspirations.
- EDI: Electronic Submission of Port Documents such as Manifest, Stowage Bay Plan, and Discharge & Load lists, Loading Profile etc. These documents could be submitted through any one of these transfer modes.
- Deposit the UNEDIFACT Messages (BAPLIE / COPRAR / COARRI / MOVINS / IFTMCS / APERAK) using FTP. To know more, download the UNEDIFACT implementation guide published by IT department of PSC.
- PSC Web Portal provides facilities to enable our customer to submit business data online.
- Email, wherein you can attach the information in appropriate format for uploading by the concerned port personnel.
The IT department of PSC supports internal and external customers round the clock to resolve IT related issues. You may contact the help desk by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call our helpline at +968 24714000 Ext 320 / 332 / 376 / 331 / 391 or +968 99859023 or use our contact us
form to fill in the details of the desired assistance.