The advent of containerization signalled a significant shift in the facility requirements in a Port. Development of Container handling facilities at Port Sultan Qaboos, the first of its kind in the country played vital in the Sultanate's Industrial and Economic prosperity. With the commitment to provide a standard of service on par with the best, the Port is poised to continue its growth and confident to navigate to the future.
The container terminal is the fulcrum of Port Operations at Port Sultan Qaboos and provides it with the flexibility to respond quickly to the dynamics of the market forces and fulfil the aspirations of its discerning customers. Facilities include
- On Arrival Berthing for Window container vessels.
- Round-the-Clock Container Operations (24/7).
- Container Handling Capacity of 350,000 TEUs; Yard Capacity of 14,500 TEUs.
- Four (4) of 10.9 to 13 metres draft alongside suitable for panamax container vessels.
- World Class Terminal Operating System with Electronic Information Exchange with Customers - UNEDIFACT / Web Portal / Email.
- File Documents and Track container / vessel from ANYWHERE and at ANYTIME
- Reefer facility with round-the-clock temperature monitoring.
- Free Flowing and Quick Gate Movements.
These and many more attractive features are available at Port Sutlan Qaboos. Click on Container Terminal Fact Sheet
for more details.
Port Sultan Qaboos - Harbinger of Containerization in the Sultanate of Oman