What are the formalities/documents required for registering a new shipping agency
PSC register agencies depending on their role - (I) Shipping Agent [Vessel operating agent, Container operating agent] (ii) Forwarding agent
Any agency who wish to operate at PSC (representing any shipping line or container operator or both) need to submit their application to General Manager(Operations), PSC (SAOG),PSQ along with following supportive documents for registration of their agency.
- Registration details of the agency in the prescribed format [Form No. 01].
- Photocopy of Oman Chamber Commerce & Industry membership (Commercial Registration Information with all details.).
- Photocopy of Commercial Registration Certificate.
- Photocopy of Signature Sample of Tax authority.
- In case of shipping agency there should be an authorization letter issued by shipping line / principle confirming appointment of local shipping agent for their business at Muscat with indication of agency period.
- The agency relation in the prescribed form [Form No. 02],confirming their role as COA [Container Operating agency] and / or VOA [Vessel operating Agent].
- No Objection Certification (NOC) issued by the existing VOA / COA for transfer existing shipping line or container line to a New VOA ? COA.